Monday, March 23, 2009

Mirasoul

Mirasoul
http://www.mirasoul.com.au/



Mirasoul gets a special post because I had my 21st BIRTHDAY PARTY there this past weekend!!!

I chose it after reading many recommendations and I'm so glad I did. As a function venue, it was so easy to get things organized (Kim, the function coordinator was absolutely fabulous and amazing). I did catering and had a bar tab with them - all went super smoothly and the place had a great vibe Saturday night.


The week beforehand, my friends and I went to Mirasoul to suss the place out. We took advantage of the AWESOME 2-for-1 tapas deal on Tuesday. This post will mainly talk about the food and dining experience. Remember though, for any function that you might have, I can' recommend Mirasoul highly enough. It was just GREAT.




We pretty much rocked up on Tuesday without a booking. This was greatly underestimating the popularity of the place. I suggest you make a booking if you want to go. Because we hadn't booked, we waited around for seats and had a few drinks in the meantime. The service was fabulous and not too long after our 2nd round of drinks came, we were seated.

 

Mirasoul is justifiably popular, especially on Tuesdays. 2-for-1 tapas makes the plates ridiculously affordable. We went for variety and chose 2 plates per person for a total of 8 tapas items. They all came at around the same time and our table was covered with lovely plates to dig into.


Bruschetta – tomato, bocconcini, fresh basil and balsamic served on warm pesto flat bread


Chilli and mozzarella pizza bread

Pesto parmesan crusted roast potatoes

The bruchetta, pizza and potatoes were quite filling. I LOVED the potatoes and could not stop eating them.


Chorizo cooked in lemon juice and tobasco, Grilled haloumi infused with thyme and served with salsa verde, Seared garlic tiger prawns with paprika and roasted red peppers, Harissa Lamb Cutlets with Tabouleh and mint yogurt, Spanish style meatballs served with spicy tomato relish

  • Haloumi and chorizo are favorite tapa picks of mine. They did not fail to impress.
  • The lamb was tasting but difficult to share.
  • I didn't like the prawns that much but I think it's just because I don't like prawns! I've given them plenty of chances to impress me but so far, no good.
  • Meatballs were lovely too!
The following platter is an example of what I had at my birthday party. It was $15 per head and the menu included: salt and pepper squid with tequila lime aioli, bacon and mushroom risotto balls, mushrooms stuffed with vegetables, pine nuts and goats cheese and an assortment of gourmet pizza. I particularly enjoyed the risotto balls!


Party platter!

In short, I cannot wait till I go to Mirasoul again. I'm digging the tapas way of eating and Mirasoul doesn't try to get away with boring offerings.



Happy birthday to me! 21 = horray for aging

No comments:

Post a Comment