Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sydney DAY 2: Faith Cafe for Breakfast

Faith Cafe
86 Liverpool St, Sydney



First morning in Sydney CBD: we had just escaped a GHASTLY bed and breakfast place in Tempe - they were offering cereal for breakfast (confirming the place was not just dirty and scary but had zero standards whatsoever) and we decided to pass on that.

Once we were in the city, we had to kill time before being able to check into our next location and we needed breakfast. The easiest solution (since we didn't know our way around at all) was the cafe around the corner from our hotel.


In Brisbane, something like Faith Cafe would be considered interestingly boutique. In Sydney, it's common as dirt. We didn't mind though. The weather wasn't great so any place to sit and eat was fine.


Faith Cafe has a pretty decent breakfast menu. I was craving scones (one thing they didn't have) so I settled for something else sweet - banana bread. The other guys ordered a big breakfast, salmon and cheese melt and pasta.

Coffee

English breakfast tea

Coffee and tea came first. I can't pretend to know anything about tea. It tasted like tea. The coffee looked really pretty :).

Toasted banana bread

My banana bread was really yummy. I make banana bread a lot so I'm quite picky with them. This one was moist without being mushy and tasted great warm with a bit of butter.

Big breakfast

The big breakfast looked big alright. I've never seen one with 2 fried eggs before... this one did, and it also had loads of other things including baked beans.

Smoked salmon, rocket and cheese melt

Charlie's salmon and cheese melt looked nice and healthy. I'm not a huge fan of warm, smoked salmon so this wasn't my type of thing - he seemed to enjoy it.

Alfredo pasta with cheese

The alfredo pasta came last - it was a real bargain at $8.95 but at that price, you're not really to expect homemade quality.

Faith Cafe had a nice, nook location and is quite cozy. If I lived locally, I'd probably stop there on occasion, at least for the banana bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment