Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sydney DAY 2: Passionflower for Dessert

Passionflower
http://www.passionflower.com.au/



To say I'm crazy about dessert just doesn't give the full picture. On my Sydney trip, I went to no less than 3 dessert cafes and 1 ice-cream store.

Passionflower was my first pick and an unexpected one. I hadn't planned to go in advance but found recommendations on the internet and we happened to stumble across it whilst walking around our hotel.


This dessert cafe has an Asian-influence and focuses on its ice-cream and ice-cream creations. I saw the expected Asian flavors like taro, green tea, black sesame and even durian. What I didn't expect was black sticky rice flavor. When it came to picking our desserts, I made sure I chose one that included that.


We went to Passionflower late so their kitchen was closed - crepes and waffles weren't an option. Each of us chose an ice-cream dessert. They started arriving one by one...

Final Destination:

Black sesame and coconut ice-cream with black jelly and a shot of evaporated milk

Super Duper Brownie:

Triple chocolate fudge brownie pieces with chocolate mud, cookies and cream, white chocolate and hazelnut ice-creams with chocolate sauce


The super duper brownie sundae looks like chocolate paradise in a glass. I didn't order it but I swear, next time I go to Sydney I won't be giving it a miss.

Plain black sesame ice-cream...

Eastern Sunrise:

Japanese green tea, taro and sticky rice served with fresh banana wedges and a compote of orange and lychee

I am sooooo grr that there is no Passionflower in Brisbane. Sticky rice ice-cream rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment