Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sydney DAY 5: Cupcakes on Pitt

Cupcakes on Pitt
http://www.cupcakesonline.com.au/



To be honest, I walked past a few cupcake stores in Sydney without stopping (or limiting myself to a quick glance). I reasoned that out of all the things that Sydney has and Brisbane doesn't, cupcakes don't really make it to the list - we do have several around: Southbank, West End and the Emporium. Just because I haven't tried them doesn't mean they aren't around.

All the same, when I passed Cupcakes on Pitt, my self control died a little and we popped in, only to walk out 5min later with a carton of 4 cupcakes.



There is a wall lined with cupcakes and more in the glass counter. It wasn't easy choosing just one!



Which is why I chose 2. The other two boys chose 1 each. We ended up with: strawberries and cream, green tea, honey comb and chocolate.

Strawberries and cream cupcake

The cupcakes are gorgeously decorated and filled with flavored cream. They were each very yummy - the actual cake part is a tad dry but I was so blinded by cuteness, it didn't matter much. They still tasted good. And, did I mention they were really, really cute?

Inside of green tea cupcake

Two bites each and down the hatch it goes. I like small things :).

4 comments:

  1. <3 Strawberries and cream is my absolute fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god....CUPCAKES! Man you had a great day in sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know... I've been having cupcake cravings all week now. I'm on withdrawal :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG They're soo cute!!! hehe, I had LOTS AND LOTS of Cupcakes whilst traveling the states and the best place - a great lil shop in Arlington, Chicago IL which had these swings u sit on to eat your cupcake... seriously, isnt that the coolest thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete