Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bad news people

My camera has officially died.

A week ago, the screen got waterlogged and stopped working. I kept using the camera based on the fact that I knew what to press to change the settings anyway. Somehow, the mode changed and I just couldn't get it back to what I was familiar with (since the screen didn't work, I had no idea what mode I was in or how to change it).

Got a rough quote to get the screen fixed: couple of hundred. o.o - the camera rrp is only like $300. For that price, I'd rather get a new camera.

Anyway I thought I'd try to fix the thing myself and of course you can predict the outcome...

A combination of: no skill, no tools and no patience = I killed my camera.

So grr about it right now. The closest thing I have to a spare is the camera function on my iPhone and that's just baaaddddd.

There'll be a temporary hold on cooking and restaurant posts as I try to get myself sorted and organize a new/replacement camera.

4 comments:

  1. :( one less thing for me to do at night :(
    come back QUICK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you brought this camera just a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time poster.
    Hope you get your camera fixed. :)
    Want to see more food pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there SK, re: new camera - I'm on it! Hopefully by the end of today, I'll have a new gadget to play with :).

    ReplyDelete