Monday, January 4, 2010

Spicy Lamb Kofta

Spicy Lamb Kofta
Home Cooking



I had a little lunch party recently and decided to make some finger food for the occasion. After scanning through my vast collection of cookbooks, I found this recipe in 'The Essential Fingerfood book'.

Some people don't eat lamb (e.g. my mother) but I give myself the green light anyway based on the selfish reason of liking lamb a hell of a lot myself.


Spicy Lamb Kofta
Makes 1 platter

Ingredients:

  • 500g lamb mince
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp ground coriander
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Procedure:

1. I used whole cumin and coriander seeds so my first step was the grind them down with a mortar and pestle.2. Mix all the ingredients together using your hands. At this stage, I like to fry off a small amount of mince and then adjust the flavor accordingly.3. For the mixture into balls - about 2cm across. Lay them out on a plate and drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top to stop sticking.4. Fry them off in a frying pan in batches until brown all over and cooked throughout.5. Serve immediately with little toothpicks and a yogurt dipping sauce.


The kofta balls were extremely easy to make. Just mix and mash. They're really tasty as soon as they're fried. I served mine the next day and made the mistake of not reheating. That definitely decreased the appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment