Friday, January 22, 2010

Uni returns



Last Monday I dragged myself out of bed to face uni once more. Actually, that's a lie. The first 2 days, I was so hyped on adrenaline I practically leapt out of bed, 1 hr before my alarm was set to go off. Be that as it may, 'drag' is the appropriate term to describe my last few mornings.

Thursday was of particular amusement... I forgot to set my alarm and when I awoke, saw the time was 7:30am (normally, I am moving around by 6). All week, we had it drilled into our heads that time management was crucial and that being late was an automatic fail. For some reason I thought my first patient was at 8am and subsequently fell into a fit of panic. I pulled on whatever pants were lying on the ground (keeping on the top I wore to sleep) and literally RAN to the hotel nearby, praying for a taxi.

Thankfully, a Maxicab was present and so I hopped in and on the way to uni. Somewhere along the way, I realized that it was the LECTURE that started at 8am and that patients weren't until 9.

All the same, that is my close call of the week. Never again.

We're currently dealing with an 8-4 daily schedule, 5 days a week. As a result of this, I'm pretty knackered by the time I get home so I haven't had a lot of time to blog. This will probably be rectified over the weekend.

Cheers and you'll be hearing more from me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment