Monday, April 26, 2010

Sweet Chili Fresh Pasta

Sweet Chili Fresh Pasta
Home Cooking



This is a short post about a meal quick fix I pulled together after I got my pasta machine. It was a birthday present from one of my closest friends and I pretty much couldn't wait to use it.


Having gone through the tedious process of hand-rolling pasta before, I couldn't wait to benefit from the wonderful qualities of home made pasta without the manual labor.


After looking through my hoard of cookbooks, I lost patience and basically just decided to throw something together. This is a really simple recipe but it was quite tasty too. I used my own fresh pasta (see recipe here) but you can substitute with whatever you have.


Sweet Chili Fresh Pasta
Serves 1

Ingredients:

  • 100g fresh pasta (or equivalent in dried pasta)
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 onion, finely diced
  • 2 small tomatoes, finely diced
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 small handful of basil leaves, sliced
  • 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
  • salt and pepper to season
  • fresh mozzarella cheese, to serve
Procedure:

1. Heat some olive oil on high in a small saucepan. Brown the onion. Add the garlic.
2. Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes. 3. Also throw in ~ 1/4 cup of water. Simmer until mushy and stew-like. You might need to add more water if it goes dry.4. Add in the basil leaves and sweet chili sauce. Season to taste.
5. Cook your pasta as per instructions.
6. Serve the sauce ladled over the pasta. Garnish with fresh mozzarella and a few basil leaves.


This is such an easy and basic recipe, just onion, tomato and basil. I livened things up a bit with some fresh sweet chili sauce. It's a nice sweet, tangy sauce that goes really well when soaked up around the fresh pasta.


I also like eating this kinda thing with spoonfuls of ripe avocado. Sure this is anything but traditional but nothing about my recipe is traditional anyway (bar the redness) so excuse me and try it for yourself.

Mixed together

No comments:

Post a Comment