Friday, August 21, 2015

Green Bees for Healthy Takeaway

Green Bees Organic
http://www.greenbeesorganics.com.au/


I suppose it shouldn't come as a surprise that wedding prep involves lots of running around like a headless chicken. I was getting my hair done and suddenly it was time to do something else and I needed lunch and lo and behold Green Bees appeared before me.


I literally drive past this cafe every day as noticed it as it was being set up so the curiosity was always there. It looked quite busy so I was willing to give it a try.



Because of my hectic schedule, I ordered a couple of items takeaway for Marc and myself. One was the slow cooked lamb open pie and the other was an acai bowl.

Slow cooked lamb open pie

The pie was presented to me in reasonable takeaway conditions, meaning a foam box with lid. This was easy for me to transport home. This the kind of light lunch I enjoy because it's warm and satisfying but not too naughty.

Acai bowl

The acai bowl however was just a loaded cardboard bowl with bits and pieces threatening to ooze over the top. There was no lid and even if there was a lid it wouldn't have fit. I wouldn't mind an overflowing serve of acai if it was delicious but this was the worst acai bowl I've had in my life.

The blended acai component itself was super running, more runny than a smoothie. The toppings which sounded so promising on the menu turned out to be some walnuts, shredded coconut and frozen whole strawberries. How am I supposed to eat frozen whole strawberries? I find this baffling. After a heroic effort getting the bowl home without spillage (I had to drive, mind you) I sat down to disappointment. I actually then placed the whole thing in my freezer and went out to Aldi to pick up some granola and fresh banana and strawberries to add my own toppings and make this acai bowl edible. It was passable after my efforts but really, that shouldn't have been necessary.

Needless to say I won't be heading back to Green Bees. The acai bowl was disastrous and I was served by young, seemingly inexperienced staff who don't seem to understand what takeaway means.
Click to add a blog post for Green Bees Organics on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment