Thursday, January 28, 2016

Gelataria Dolce Follia

Gelataria Dolce Follia
1726 Gold Coast Hwy, Burleigh Heads, QLD


After our lunch at Burleigh Heads Hotel, I was itching for ice-cream. I've mentioned before but there's something about sun and surf that makes ice-cream not just desirable but an outright necessity. We wandered towards the water and spotted Gelataria Dolce Follia across the road.



The closer we got, the more excited I became. I was expecting to arrive at a genetic chain ice-cream outlet (which would already have been great) but this store promised to be an award-winning gelataria that churns their gelato in-store. Even better!


At $7 for 2 flavours in a cup, these were some of the most expensive ice-creams I've seen. There weren't any very "out there" flavours but I easily spotted two that I wanted. I chose the macadamia praline and Nutella.

Macadamia praline and Nutella

The flavours weren't as intense as some other gelato I've tried but I liked that it wasn't too sweet. The winning aspect here is the texture. Geletaria Dolce Follia manages to make their gelato incredibly smooth. It was definitely the highlight of my day at the beach.
Gelateria Dolce Follia Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment