Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Sydney Weekend in May 3 - Dessert at RivaReno Gelato

RivaReno Gelato Barangaroo
http://rivareno.com.au/


After our delicious dinner at Rockpool Bar and Grill, an ordinary couple would've been full and content to give their stomachs a rest. Not us!


Marc knew of a gelato store that had recently expanded and it was getting glowing online reviews. We happened to pass through the area on our way back to the hotel (more accurately we Googled the address and spent an hour getting lost in construction sites but determined to get gelato) and finally came across the shop front.


I eagerly raced inside to see what flavours they had on offer. All the classics were present as well as some more creative options. Both Marc and I are boringly conservative with what we like in gelato. We have our 'old faithful' flavours we rarely divert from.


To add interest, the ice-cream lady suggested that Marc add their RivaReno chocolate sauce to his already very chocolatey gelato. I expected this would be too much chocolate but he said this made the night for him. The chocolate sauce was apparently the standout!


I'll summarize my choice as being silky smooth and creamy with lovely flavours. The pistachio was true to taste and I felt childlike in my enjoyment of the Nutella-like hazelnut gelato. Both were a bit too sweet for my liking but I'm notorious for my intolerance of sugar in dessert form. Marc had no such complaint.


The best part about the gelato at RivaReno was definitely the texture. It definitely highlighted how different authentic gelato is from other types of ice-cream. The lightness and smoothness was on another level.
RivaReno Gelato Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment